1.22.2010

Sundance 2010 Day One


Last night, Thursday night, we stayed in but watched two Slamdance films. One was really good, one sucked. How did we do this? One of the house guests brought screener DVDs to review since he's press. The good one was The Scenesters. If you liked Brick, you'll dig The Scenesters. The sucky one was Yellowbrickroad. I was actually going to try to get a ticket to see this on Monday, but thank goodness I didn't have to waste time & money, it was awful.

Today, Friday 1/22/10, my official Day One. Got off to a lazy, sleepy start and didn't get to the theater as early as I had planned to waitlist for Hesher. When I got my number, it was 114 and my friend couldn't even get a number since they only hand out so many. We decided to try to see Hesher next week and head over to a different theater to waitlist for Teenage Paparazzo. We got in and we loved it. Teenage Paparazzo is a documentary by Adrian Grenier about paparazzi and celebrity culture in our society. The film focusses on a boy named Austin, the blonde in the picture above, who was a professional paparazzi at the age of 13. It showed a fascinating insight into many sides of the whole "fame" fiasco. I highly recommend trying to track this one down when it gets released either in theaters or on DVD. Oh, and I didn't get a chance to ask Adrian Grenier if he knows about hitRECord.org, he made a comment saying that he welcomes us to take this film and remix it and put our own spin on it, he said that it wasn't finished because he welcomes people to add to it. Sounds a bit like hitRECord speak to me. Unfortunately, after the Q&A he was mobbed by people and their cameras which I found terribly ironic considering the film he just presented to us.


No comments: