1.23.2010

Sundance 2010 Day Two

Get Low. A really good movie starring Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray and Lucas Black (I took this photo before Robert Duvall walked out on stage). Left to right in the photo above: Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray and his crutch, Lucas Black, and Lori Beth Edgeman. The movie was amazingly well acted, I truly expect an Oscar nod for Duvall in 2011. Duvall plays a recluse who wants to plan a "funeral party" for himself while he's still alive. But he's the scary old hermit who everyone in town has a story about, a mysterious past haunts him and it's a slow reveal to find out why he shut himself away forty years ago. Fantastic supporting performances by Spacek, Murray, and Black.

When the Q&A for Get Low was over and we fought our way out of the claustrophobically full lobby, we boarded a bus to Main Street. I wanted to check out the hitRECord.org REC Room at the New Frontier on Main. I have been so antsy to get over there, but when I got there it was closed. They had it closed from 5-8 for closed recording. I wasn't aware this was going to be happening and I'm hoping it was a last minute thing. I'll be over there probably all day after I go see one of the short film programs, number IV with the new Don Hertzfeldt (!!!!!!!).

No comments: