1.12.2009

Sundance Preparations

This will be my fifth year going to the Sundance Film Festival, and my first going with tickets. All the years past, I've just waitlisted and have been pretty successful in seeing what I wanted to. I went to the box office at Trolley Square today to try and purchase some tickets. I was able to get five. And with the one Darcy got for me about a week ago, I've got six total. They all seemed to land on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Here's what I've got:
Wed. 1/21 - "Bronson" 2:30 at Prospector Square
                     "The Missing Person" 5:15 at The Raquet Club
Thu. 1/22 - "Arlen Faber" 12:15 at Eccles
                     "Animation Spotlight" 9:00 at The Egyptian
Fri. 1/23 - "Dare" 12:15 at Eccles
                   "Peter and Vandy" 3:15 at Eccles

To read about these films, check out the Sundance Film Festival film guide HERE.

It looks like anything at the beginning of the week, I'm going to have to waitlist. There are a couple of Slamdance things I'm interested in on Monday and Tuesday. Monday night, there's a movie called "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead", and Tuesday at noon there's what's called a "fireside chat" about screenwriting. I assume it's like a panel or seminar.

When I go up, I'll do my very best to blog nightly about the day's events and give you my review of the films I saw each day.

2 comments:

gettsr said...

I'm gonna try to see Arlen Faber down here in SLC. Can't wait to hear whether it's any good. If you are going to Eccles please post about the ticket situation. Last year was crazy.

Liz S... said...

I'll have to try and waitlist something there. I couldn't believe how poorly it was handled last year at the Eccles. It used to be my favorite waitlist venue, but not last year.